This livestream was dedicated to showing the power usage around a RTX 2060 related to mining the new upcoming Ravencoin Algorithm change to KAWPOW algorithm, which is made up mostly of PROGPOW (Programmable Proof of Work). This GPU intensive algorithm is designed to curb the proliferation of FGPA and ASIC development around Ravencoins Algorithm and leverages the sizable investment the industry made around PROGPOW, from a ASIC resistance side. Multiple studies and research has went into the viability of PROGPOW so this implementation is a new step forward into ASIC resistance, much like the RandomX implementation from Monero, putting up Ryzen CPUs becoming the primary source of PoW. In this test I work through a range of settings showing what a riser power consumption is vs the 12v rail power consumption.
** This episode was NOT paid or Sponsored content Links to some of tools and hardware in this episode.
Custom Power Meter:
- Internals: https://imgur.com/D4n0wOh
- Internal Detail: https://imgur.com/7X6svp2
- Base Design: https://imgur.com/VpJejRg
- FLIR TG165 used in stream: https://amzn.to/2V29KMU
Spreadsheet being updated in stream:
If there is enough interest, I can work on getting this meter built at scale let me know and we can see about getting a build order done.
Hardware used in this video, and typical gaming RIG it's in:
- GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2060 - https://amzn.to/3dZgljx
- CPU Ryzen 7 3800x - https://amzn.to/2JMvcjr
- MB ASUS Prime x570-p - https://amzn.to/2XbuULa
- NVME - PNY 1TB 4.0 Gen4 - https://amzn.to/3dVatIc
- PSU EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G3 - https://amzn.to/3bXQOW7
This is a modern, sub 1300 gaming/crypto mining pc that will allow you to mine while you sleep both RandomX Monero (XMR) & Ravencoin or Ethereum or Ethereum Classic. While gaming rocking 140+ FPS @ 1080P or 120+ FPS at 1440p